I was less surprised, having done the freshman orientation dance party in the gym a few months ago. Bryan, however, was blown away by the presence of the bar right in the middle of the party, haha. As with the previous party, the alcohol selection was rather classy, including real flutes of champagne! Oh the French and their commitment to classy partying--even a ghetto college dance party in the gym has to have the right accompaniment.
Classy is all relative, however, as the kids sure went all out with their costumes. Here are some of my favorites:


But the real best costume award has to go to these two girls, who went as swine flu!

Bryan and I pondered many ideas for our own costumes. We seriously considered Sarko and Carla, but we realized that was problematic because Bryan is too tall and doesn't have any heels. And I don't have a little black dress, nor the right kind of hair. We ended up settling for a goth couple, although we ran out of time to actually do it right, so we didn't really look like we were dressed up for anything special.

But that's ok, it was really all about the music. I had some major luck with the DJs, who played almost everything I asked for and nothing Bryan asked for, haha. That's how I managed to get Billie Jean and Beat it, as well as some Lady Gaga going on. It's always fun to ask for American things in France, you have to Frenchify your pronunciation. But it worked like a charm.
And even though Bryan didn't get his She-Wolf, we got Womanizer, which he thought was even better anyway:

It was indeed Britney who got us up on the dopey stage thing in the middle of the gym for all of 5 seconds, haha. Then we were pushed off, but not before Basia managed to snap a picture! This was probably right before we ended up having to jump off to avoid being sent flying...
No comments:
Post a Comment