Monday, October 26, 2009

Funny story

So yesterday afternoon I went on my usual Sunday afternoon rollerblading outing. I almost didn't go because Bryan and I were out partying until 3 am on Saturday (haha), but I finally decided that since the weather was extraordinary and I always enjoy the trip once I do it, I should haul my sorry hungover ass out of my room and go for a skate. Particularly since this week's circuit was through a neighborhood I didn't know at all.

About an hour in to the trip, I notice this guy wearing a Phillies jersey! Not one to pass up such a remarkable occurrence particularly given that my team (haha) is going back to the world series, I went up to him to find out if he follows Philly baseball. Turns out he doesn't really have a clue and didn't know about the world series. A friend gave him the shirt. But that opening nonetheless led to a long conversation, he's a photographer who owns his own company and works in both fashion and architecture photography. We didn't have a super in-depth conversation, since this was all while we were skating in a big group. He's from Guadeloupe but has lived in both Puerto Rico and LA, then came to Paris to start his company two years ago.

In any case, we also discussed how hard it can be to find good places to skate in Paris since the streets are so narrow, and he said he knows some good places over by Invalides where the streets are wide open and you can work on general technique practice. He invited me to come skating with him tomorrow afternoon, so I'm going to do so.

In short, I've met a very interesting French guy all thanks to a Phillies jersey that he didn't even really know what to do with, HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment