Sunday, July 5, 2009

Reasons why I love NY in the summer

So last Thursday on my way to class, it was impossible to miss the GAGGLE of girls standing on the street waving copies of Twilight. It wasn't much of a leap to figure out what was going on, as there were all sorts of movie trailors and equipment around. And because my students always know more about what's going on, they informed me that Robert Pattison is filming some movie called Remember Me. I don't know anything about it, but it was a pain to get back to the office after class because the streets were all blocked off. Right. They were out there all day, standing around and cheering and watching the filming. I, on the other hand, couldn't be bothered to even wait a minute to see what I could, haha.

Friday night I managed (through a long and complicated story, but Judy is super tight with the troupe) to get tickets to the dress rehearsal to THIS show. Well, to the first half on Friday, second half tomorrow. Because the whole thing is SEVEN HOURS LONG. Indeed. I don't think I've ever seen a show that long, haha, but it's kind of cool. We shall see how phase two goes tomorrow!

Yesterday I had a bit of a gathering chez Judy for the 4th. Perhaps the most amusing photo is of me with Harley:

Then we went to the fireworks, where my pics of people were way better than my pics of the fireworks themselves:

No comments:

Post a Comment