Anyway, here goes:
But now, for people who haven't heard, I'm rockin' out on Washington Square in my dissertation advisor's amazing apartment, cat-sitting for her lovely cats. This is Harley Obama, a Maine Coon/Ragdoll mix. He's only 10 months old but he weighs something like 14 pounds! I thought this picture gives a nice image of just how big this bad boy is--that's a double bed he's stretched across!
Last weekend was the Coney Island Mermaid Parade, which, from what I can tell is basically just an excuse to get drunk and dress up like mermaids, haha. I went with the Armstrong-Crumbs despite the ridiculously awful weather. We definitely got soaked.
This year Harvey Keitel was King Neptune himself:
Finally, my other favorite group was the Splashdancers, complete with welding masks, HAHAHAHA.
After having a few hours to dry off and clean up, I met Lisa and Arti for a drink at Solas, since I can't make it to Arti's going away party tonight (bummer). But I discovered pear vodka at Solas and now I've got some experimenting to do.
Anyway, this entry is rather rushed, but I figured if I don't get something up sooner rather than later, I'd end up with my week running away from me. More than it already has, that is. I've seen three Broadway shows in the past 4 days (Mary Stuart, Next to Normal, and August: Osage County). Tonight is a bachelorette party for a BLACK TIE WEDDING AT THE BROOKLYN BOTANICAL GARDENS on Sunday. Yeah. Updates will clearly have to follow from these events. But now I must go buy a wedding gift, since I'm a slacker and have not done so yet.
Nice! I'm going to follow you. But thank you for not tweeting ;-)
ReplyDeleteSo I decided to jump in now and contribute tout de suite to the exploding overproduction of the ego that seems to be fundamental to the current zeitgeist.....whoa.....we know who is writing a dissertation! haha. But your writing continues to be entertaining.
ReplyDeletefinally got around to actually reading your blog ;) I hope the notifications are set up now.
ReplyDeletebut you still owe me that picture!
~W