Anyway, the bachelorette party was a smashing success. It was for my friend Jessica, a PhD student in history at CUNY who is getting married on Sunday. The evening started at her friend Dory's place, where we made her get all dressed up in cheesy bachelorette party attire, haha:
At this party I discovered elderflower liqueur. I don't know where it has been all my life, but I don't think my drinking habits will ever be the same again, haha. This stuff was perhaps the best liqueur I've ever had, HAHA. A few drops with champagne and I'll never have a different cocktail ever again. Man that stuff is delicious.
From there we went to Nomad, an Algerian restaurant on 2nd Ave. I probably should have taken a pic of the decor (straight out of the Casbah), but I didn't think of it. Oops. This is Jessica with her friend Dory:
After dinner we headed to a pretty hilarious gay bar called Marie's Crisis, which is basically an underground piano bar where one sings show tunes all night long. Again, I probably should have taken a picture of it, but I didn't end up staying all that long. Since the crowd was a bunch of hard core showtune people, they were singing songs I didn't know. My repertoire doesn't extend much beyond the obvious stuff, so it was clearly way beyond me. But the atmosphere was generally quite cool--lots of drunken revelers singing their heads off, haha. I can see it being a fun place if you know the songs.
Since one party wasn't enough, however, I then headed over to catch the end of Arti's going away party. So I was able to hang out with Lisa and Cecile:
And Tamera, although I don't love this pic because it makes my head look so big. Doesn't the angle of the shot make my forehead look monstrous? I look like ET or something.
Lisa and Arti look great though:
But we'll sure miss having Arti around!!!
On an unrelated note, I'm still figuring out how to use this whole blogger thing. Does anyone know how to set up an email notification when I get comments? It seems like that must be possible. hmmm...
Show tune bar sounds like a great place to go! I'm not sure I know enough songs--but I would be willing to give it a try!
ReplyDelete