So last week I tentatively emerged from the house for two Very Important Activities. The first destination is rather obvious: PT. How could it be otherwise? That's where I was given Mission Impossible, namely to lift my leg off the ground. I'm sure it was an amusing sight to see me working as hard as any marathon runner, without even succeeding at getting my damn leg off the ground. It has taken about a week to conquer this mission, but I'm finally getting to the point of showing my leg who's boss. Fortunately my aunt was around to capture my moment of glory in a video:
Anyway, after PT (in which I did not get anywhere near to lifting my leg as in the above video), we headed out to the second Very Important Destination, which was something I've been waiting to be able to do for months: the grocery store. With the motorized cart. Obviously. Anne was there to film my tentative first attempts at getting situated with the cart:
Then she followed me through the fruit stands, where we promptly made asses of ourselves by searching for the Perfect Pose. I think the following turned out to be the best, thanks to the pineapples. I don't even like pineapple, but I'll concede they make a good prop for grocery store shenanigans:

From there we proceeded through the prepared foods area:
To get to the saddest department of all (for me):

Yes, the beer aisle. That's the saddest department because all of the Christmas specials are out and I can't have any of them. boo. I talked Anne into buying the Affligem de Noël, in honor of my routine of meeting Kari at the Café Descartes last year to drink it, haha.
From there we went to the regular part of the grocery store, where Anne thought it would be funny to film me driving down the row. Unfortunately we didn't think of filming me going backwards, as I was amused to discover that the cart beeps like a big old truck when you go backwards, haha. That will be our video project for next time, since there will always be a next time where Wegman's is concerned.
So there we have it. I'd say I left the place sufficiently terrorized, haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment