I spent that week scrambling to get another room, which was a major pain because the ENS is the model case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Or for administrators with their heads up their asses. But that's another story.
The important thing is that at about 4 pm on the day before I left, I finally got a new room. Major sigh of relief.
And while I won't complain about my new room since hell, there was a chance I'd have nowhere to live, I do think the ghettofabulousness of this one is worth sharing.
We will start with Exhibit A, the classiest nightstand ever:

Yeah, you're seeing it right, it's a suitcase. I was going to just forgo the whole nightstand thing and put my clock on the floor (if I had been in this room all year I would have bought one, but since it's only a month, totally not worth it). But then when I went to sit and read, I realized that there was no light whatsoever. In my old room I had shelves behind the bed, so I had bought a clip-on lamp (the only kind that would work). And it worked brilliantly in the old room, of course. So I was sitting here trying to figure out what to do and had the eureka moment of clipping it to the handle of the suitcase. And that's how a suitcase became my nightstand. All about having light to read by. I was going to send that suitcase home with my parents when they come, but now I'm thinking I might send them home with a different one. Can't lose my nightstand!
To add insult to injury, I set my clock last night and discovered that the radio doesn't work in this room! I'm on the other side of the building, maybe that's interfering or something. It was a little sensitive in the other room, but at least it worked! Now I just get scratchiness. humph. No more NRJ for me.
And since I don't have those shelves behind my bed, the shelves I do have are all the more cramped. God help me if I need a book:

And yeah, that's the fridge right in front of the shelves, although there is a bit of space (the black shadow is the cello case).
There is, however, no space between the bookshelf and the desk, which is a huge hassle:
Guess I better not eat too much dessert over the next few weeks, or I won't fit!
No comments:
Post a Comment